This is all new to me. I am always way behind the trend. As I understand it, hardly anyone blogs anymore. It's all Facebook, Tweeting, texting, and probably a ton of other things I know nothing about. In fact I had to get Becky to get me logged in just a few minutes ago.
I decided to give this a try so I might let my friends know what is going on in my and my family's lives.
Last week Becky and I had our grandson, Eli, up here for a few days. We had a great time. We visited local places that we hoped would be fun for a four year old.
We were a little concerned that Eli would become homesick and we would have to take him back to Atlanta before the weekend. Not to worry. We must have been good at the grandparent job of spoiling grandchildren because when we told him we were taking him home on Friday, he said he didn't want to go home and wanted to stay with us from now on.
I think he misses not being the center of attention now that he has twin sisters, which he certainly was the days he spent with us.
Of course when he got home he was very glad to see his mom and dad. The look on his sisters' faces when they saw him was something I would die for. They must have missed their big brother.
We are going to St. Louis soon to see our other set of grandchildren. We won't get as much time with Trip, the six yr. old, because he started the 1st. grade today.
(They go to school year round in his district) It seems like only yesterday that Amy brought him home from the hospital. At least Quinn and Webb will be home all day for me to spoil.
I have an IDPA match this Saturday. I'm pumped. I've missed that last couple of matches. Even though I still shoot local cowboy matches and three gun matches, my favorite is IDPA. I am certainly not a "competitor" in any of the shooting disciplines, but I enjoy the matches and the comraderie I share with other shooters.
Well, I guess I will call it quits for now.
Take care and God bless.
YAY Daddy!!! I never thought I'd see the day when you started using a computer for enjoyment. You got your own email account, then Facebook, & now you've moved on to blogging!!! You are moving up, Pops! Next, you'll be signing up for a Twitter account! Well, we'll see about that... Love you, Dad and can't wait to read your musings!
ReplyDeleteScott, my old friend. You are certainly trailed in the technology arena by such as myself. This is my first post to a blog and yours is the first blog I have ever read; how's that for behind the curve. Enjoyed reading about your family and shooting interest. I recently purchased a Beeman RX2 air rifle with which to chase the garden eating pest that have ravaged my garden since spring. Do most of my shooting at the farm in NY and have not participated in any matches or the such since I gave up my law enforcement duties and retired. I do remember fondly the great comraderie though. Take care and hope to read more soon.
ReplyDelete